The use of computers in business has soared over the past few years. They have gone from being a luxury and a niche product to holding an integral part across all industries.
The necessity of being competent with computers
If you are applying for any job you will be expected to be computer literate. If you are not then this will place you at a major disadvantage and will be the reason behind the fact that you keep hearing no. However, all it takes is a quick Microsoft Office training London based course to put all of this behind you and become the equivalent of a computer expert.
Why Microsoft Office?
The reason you need to take Microsoft Office training is because it’s the most widely utilised system across the UK. Knowing how to copy and paste on word, or create moving effects on slideshows is not enough. With so many different Microsoft programmes to choose from it can be difficult to know how to use them all. Furthermore, just because you know the basics, doesn’t mean you know everything in terms of using it for business purposes.
How Microsoft Office programs are used in business
· To create presentations: If you are holding a conference or any other type of business meeting then it is likely that you will need to generate a presentation. After all, a talk is a lot more productive and effective if there is a visual to accompany it. When it comes to creating a presentation you will need to be competent with Microsoft PowerPoint. There are lots of different possibilities with this program; from backgrounds to video inserts to moving effects. If you know how to use the program fully you can create a presentation that will wow everyone in attendance. You can also use a feature whereby you print off a page featuring your slides down the left hand side and a section for notes on the right hand side. This can be of great aid when delivering the presentation.
· To generate print media: A lot of people spend tons of money on print media and advertising; this encompasses the likes of leaflets, posters, and flyers. Nevertheless, these can all be created effectively if you know how to use Microsoft Publisher. By taking a training course in this area you will be able to generate fantastic print media at a low cost.
· The day-to-day running of your business: Microsoft is an imperative tool when it comes to the effective day-to-day running of any business. Microsoft Access in particular is integral to this. This is database software and thus allows companies to track, report, and share all of their data. Almost every business requires the use of a database nowadays and thus this is an imperative tool. Not only this, but you need to consider simple tasks such as typing out letters. Everyone knows how to use Microsoft Word, but not everybody knows how to use it effectively. A training course can help you reduce the time spent on these tasks dramatically.
· Email management and marketing: Emails play a crucial role in business nowadays. Not only are they essential for engaging with customers, but they offer a fantastic marketing tool too. Microsoft Outlook is a widely-used email platform worth being aware of.
· Data entry: And last but not least, with the entire figures and statistics companies handle, data entry is always present. You will need to know how to use Microsoft Excel for this and how to present your data via different methods i.e. bar graphs and pie charts.
Author bio – David Walter is a technology journalist. He used NH London to research about Microsoft Office training London. Visit this page if you wish to discover more.